Chief Executive Officer
Opened 62 days ago
Closes 31 December 2021
- Award winning culturally-based support programs for at risk Aboriginal youth
- Regionally based on Wiradjuri land near Griffith, Central Southern NSW
- Suit candidates with youth or related program delivery & leadership experience
Tirkandi Inaburra Cultural & Development Centre was founded in 2000 and is a residential education, culture and support program for Aboriginal boys experiencing vulnerability, and seen to be at risk of disengaging from school and society, struggling to develop resilience and necessary life skills to live. The residential experience provides a stable, safe and nurturing environment where boys can thrive.
The program funded by NSW Department of Communities & Justice is offered to up to 14 boys over a standard school term, on a voluntary basis, with program components including;
- An immersive and supportive experience
- Intensive numeracy and literacy education
- A focus on cultural strengths and identity
- An integrated and holistic approach to youth development
- Engagement with families
As CEO you will have overall responsibility for the effective running of the Centre, the performance of staff and the welfare of participants. You will be required to lead, co-ordinate and facilitate business planning processes and develop policies, programs and systems required to monitor and report operational and financial performance to funding bodies.
The CEO represents the Centre in its dealings with Indigenous communities, other government and non-government service providers, funding agencies and other stakeholders. The role advises the management committee on all aspects of operations and on opportunities for development and improvement of services. On site accommodation on a 800 hectare rural property is offered by the employer.
You will have front facing leadership experience including the management of a high achieving and dynamic workforce and overall operational accountability. Ideally you have developed your career in delivering youth programs or similar services within the Aboriginal community sector where your knowledge and understanding of community needs and issues are well developed.
You have the ability to advocate at high levels of government and corporate Australia with a business-related or social work degree, or a relevant recognised tertiary qualification in a field relatable to the role. Other experiences you will bring to the role include;
- The ability to attract government funding and submission writing skills
- Proven experience in program and/or project development and delivery
- Financial management and understanding of budgets and profit-loss reports
- An Australian driver’s licence and a NSW Working with Children Check
- Oral and written communications skills.
How to Apply
If you share the vision for young Aboriginal people to become the leaders of tomorrow, and to strive for and achieve self-determined lives then please submit an expression of interest by submitting a cover letter responding to the skills required above and a resume. Alternatively call Gemma Schade or Richard Green on 02 8243 0570 to discuss your interest.
Tirkandi Inaburra is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. Recommended applicants will be subject to a Criminal Records Check.
Please note there is no formal closing date for this role, if you are interested we would encourage you to apply as soon as possible.